1. RockErin guarantees that part or the entire purchase price of a dog (see below), subject to the terms of this warranty, shall be returned to the purchaser or be made available as credit to the purchase of a replacement pup from a designated litter bred by RockErin Kennels LLC. The warranty applies to a pup proven to the satisfaction of RockErin Kennels LLC to have one or more defects listed in section B that are covered by this warranty.
The warranty covers hips, elbows, eyes, monogenic defects, unusual congenital defects and a fourteen-day satisfaction policy as described below:
1. Hips, Elbows and Eyes
The dog receives a hip evaluation by the Orthopedic Foundation of America (OFA) which is recorded as moderate or severe hip dysplasia (http://www.offa.org/hdgrades.html).
a. The dog is certified by the OFA to have moderate elbow dysplasia (http://www.offa.org/hdgrades.html).
b. The dog is certified by Canine Eye Registration Foundation (CERF) or genetic DNA testing to have a heritable eye defect and/or be homozygous for retinal atrophy that has rendered the dog blind and nonfunctional as a hunting dog or competitive field dog. (http://www.vmdb.org/categories.html).
2. Single-Gene Defects
a. Golden retriever dogs proven by specific and sensitive DNA testing to be afflicted (i.e. homozygous recessive) with either of three genetic types of progressive retinal atrophy (PRA) that cause blindness, muscular dystrophy (MD), degenerative myelopathy (DM) or neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis (CNL) and rendered nonfunctional in each case are covered by this warranty.
b. Labrador retriever dogs proven by specific and sensitive DNA testing to be afflicted (i.e. homozygous recessive) with exercise-induced collapse (EIC) or centronuclear myopathy (CNM) and rendered nonfunctional are eligible for coverage under the terms of this warranty.
3. Congenital Defects
a. Congenital defects are those not listed in B1 and B2.
b. Dogs may be covered by this warranty if they are discovered by 120 days of age to have a proven congenital defect that, in the opinion of RockErin, renders the pup nonviable for life or nonfunctional as a retriever.
c. Owner may elect to apply the amount they paid for the defective pup to another pup or receive a full refund of their purchase price (i.e. selling cost) of the pup.
4. Four-Week Pup Satisfaction Policy
a. RockErin offers a twenty-eight (28) satisfaction policy from date of receipt of pup. If owner not satisfied with pup in those first 28 days, then owner may elect to return the pup to RockErin. Costs of returning pup to breeder are responsibility of the pup owner.
b. Owner may elect to apply the amount they paid for the defective pup to another pup or receive a full refund of their purchase price (i.e. selling cost) of the pup if they are dissatisfied with the pup during the first 28 days of receipt of the pup.
1. The dog shall have RockErin as prefix in its registered name that is recorded in established registry such as the American Kennel Club (AKC), United Kennel Club (UKC) or Canadian Kennel Club (CKC).
2. The dog must not be older than 30 months on the date of certification of hips, elbows and eyes.
3. Dogs that are classified as carriers (heterozygous) of a genetic defect by proven DNA testing for any of the homozygous defects listed in section B2 are not eligible for coverage by this warranty. Only afflicted dogs that are homozygous for a proven single gene (monogenic) defect are eligible for coverage by the warranty. DNA-testing results must be recorded and dated before the pup is 12 months old.
4. Congenital defects that render a pup nonviable or nonfunctional must be discovered and proven to exist to the satisfaction of RockErin before the pup is older than 120 days of age.
5. The warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the dog.
6. The warranty is null and void if the RockErin-warranted dog/bitch was bred and the breeding resulted in a pregnancy that was either absorbed, aborted or ran full term with delivery of dead and/or live-born pups.
7. The warranty is null and void if the term “RockErin” is not recorded as the first word (prefix) of the registered name of the dog.
8. The word “dog” in this warranty means male or female golden retriever or Labrador retriever that was bred and sold by RockErin Kennels LLC.
9. RockErin-bred dogs must be used only in pure-bred breedings and not to produce mixed breeds with Poodles or other breeds.
10. Pups will be registered with AKC Limited Registration status to prevent use of RockErin dogs in ‘puppy-mill’ operations and prevent breeding of dogs that, in opinion of RockErin, do not contribute to advancement of healthy and functional field goldens that perform in the field as hunting or competitive dogs. RockErin dogs should only be bred to hunting or field competitive dogs that have proper health certifications.
11. RockErin Kennels will provide the AKC pup-registration form to the purchaser (owner) once all settlement costs regarding cost-of-purchase of the pup, applicable medical fees and other costs (e.g. shipping/transport) are paid in full to RockErin Kennels LLC.
12. Medical, shipping (transport) and other expenses are the responsibility of the purchaser (owner) or their agent, once the pup leaves the premises or direct care of RockErin Kennels, which also includes transfer of the pup by RockErin Kennels to a shipping company using air, land and/or sea to transport the animal.
13. The buyer is responsible for all mailing, shipping, diagnostic and veterinary costs associated with claims covered by this warranty unless otherwise indicated in this warranty.
Pup owner will follow these guidelines when submitting a warranty claim:
1. The owner of the dog must submit to RockErin Kennels copies of OFA reports and X-rays of the hips and/or elbow in cases of claims of hereditary defects in elbows and hips that render the dog nonfunctional as a hunting dog.
2. A copy of the eye inspection by a board-certified ophthalmologist and copy of the CERF certificate shall be submitted to us in cases of claims of hereditary eye defects that render dog nonfunctional in the field as a hunting dog.
3. Copies of DNA testing and clinical history of the animal shall be submitted to us in claims of single-gene defects that render the dog nonviable or nonfunctional.
4. A copy of the written report by a veterinarian and other documentation requested by RockErin shall be submitted to us in claims of congenital defects that render the dog nonviable or nonfunctional.
The following conditions must be met to be eligible for warranty coverage whereby owner receives a replacement pup or monetary refund equal to purchase cost of defective pup.
1. RockErin shall receive copies of reports, X-rays, DNA testing and clinical results and other documents as necessary that prove that the dog is subject to terms of the warranty.
2. Refund of purchase price:
a. Owner may elect to apply the amount they paid for the defective pup to another pup or receive a full refund of their purchase price (i.e. selling cost) of the pup if their pup meets requirements for congenital defects(section B3) or fourweek satisfaction policy (section B4).
3. Procurement of a pup to replace a defective dog RockErin Kennels shall decide which option(s) herein described is available for disposal of a defective dog as covered in sections B1 and B2:
Option 1: The dog shall be euthanized by a licensed veterinarian and the veterinarian then must forward to RockErin,by surface mail or email, a written statement indicating address of the clinic/location where euthanasia was performed, date of euthanasia and AKC registered name and number of the dog euthanized. The entirety of the original purchase price of the afflicted pup shall be available as credit against purchase of a replacement pup.
Option 2: The dog shall be returned to RockErin at RockErin cost. The entirety of the original purchase price of the afflicted pup shall be available as credit against purchase of a replacement pup.
Option 3: The owner, subject to permission by RockErin, may be allowed to retain the defective dog providing the owner submits documentation to RockErin stating that the dog was neutered by a licensed veterinarian. The retained pup cannot be sold to another person but may be donated to a worthy caring home as determined by the owner. The owner is entitled to purchase a replacement RockErin-bred dog at one-half of the current price of the replacement pup.
In all cases, the registration certificate of the defective dog shall be completed with transfer of ownership to the Owner/manager RockErin Kennels LLC and the certificate with completed transfer of ownership returned to RockErin Kennels LLC before a replacement pup/dog is made available to the original purchaser.
1. RockErin Kennels, at their discretion, shall determine whether the pup shall be eligible for full (regular) or limited registration status with the American Kennel Club (AKC). Limited registration status shall be removed, thus allowing full registration status, when:
a. All applicable health clearances/certifications are obtained, and copies of such documents are made available as proof of such clearances/certification to the satisfaction of RockErin Kennels, b. Owner provides documentation/information as requested by RockErin that dog will only be bred to proven
and healthy dogs from hunting or field competitive lines
2. The minimum clearances currently required by RockErin Kennels include OFA certification of hips, elbows and eyes in Labrador and golden retrievers in addition to genetic testing as stated in B2.
3. Dogs with a limited AKC registration are eligible for applicable AKC privileges and entry into and participation in AKC events. However, pups from a litter where one or both parents have a limited registration with the AKC shall not be eligible for full or limited registration with the AKC. The sole purpose of a limited registration is to encourage serious and concerned owners of purebred dogs to only breed dogs whose genetic/phenotypic health status is established by procurement of all appropriate health clearances/certificates and such breeding, in the opinion of RockErin, contributes to field-type golden retrievers, consistent with the true origins and purpose of the breed promulgated by Lord
4. Health clearances must be completed within the time limits enumerated in section C of this warranty agreement.
1. RockErin kennels shall be responsible for removing dew claws from neonatal pups and for treating pups with anthelmintic (dewormer) at 2, 4 and 6 weeks of age.
2. RockErin Kennels LLC adheres to the guidelines of American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) regarding vaccination of pups. Vaccinations should be administered at 6, 9 and 12 to 16 weeks of age. Therefore, pups will receive their first set of vaccinations at 6 weeks of age at expense of the kennel.
3. Costs associated with dew claw removal, first vaccination and diagnosis and medical care of pups before their receipt by the purchaser are the responsibility of RockErin Kennels LLC.
4. Pups are made available for purchase only if:
a. They meet or exceed a behavior and retrieving evaluation by RockErin Kennels LLC,
b. Pups are in sound health, not timid or reclusive, and display strong social interaction with persons and other dogs and display a strong interest in retrieving animated and inanimate objects.